I’ve read through Job a lot lately. If you have not read Job, give a good read. Here are some thoughts about what I’ve read, followed by some more random thoughts:
- Leviathan, boy am I glad that those are not around any more… to me, it sounds kind of like a dragon.
- I’ve been through some hard times in life, but nothing has gotten me as down as Job. He cursed the day of his birth…
- It is so important to surround yourself with people who love you and will stick by you no matter what.
- Sometimes, people don’t need your words, they need you (2:13).
- God is the one who gives all we have to us, and He can take it at His will.
- Sometimes, God allows bad things to happen to good people, it does not mean that he does not love them or is mad at them.
- God is more powerful than Satan. Satan had to seek permission to afflict Job. I wonder if this is usually the way it happens or if Job was somehow a special case.
Now for the more random:
- Christmas is a season of Joy. We can have Joy because God always keeps His promises!
- My heart is heavy today thinking of friends who do not have Joy this holiday season because of missing places at their table.
- If you know someone who is lacking Joy this holiday season, for this reason or for another, be sure to reach out to them
- Speaking of Joy, Mini-Me is due in like 4 weeks. Getting excited!